2014 YEAR IN REVIEW…….
The Year started with everyone wondering how lower corn prices would reflect land values.
Here is what we have learned after selling hundreds of tracts of tillable acres in the eastern corn belt:
- The value of above average land remained steady in strong farming communities
- Average to marginal land decreased in value
- Woodland and Recreational land remained weak
- Supply and demand for farmland was good
- 65% of the farms we sold in 2014 were purchased by farmers
- Investors are still active buyers in the market
What are land values doing in your area?
What do you foresee happening in 2015?